Cancer - it should be a four letter word. It is a filthy, dirty, ugly word.
A week ago, my oldest and dearest friend of 20 years called me and asked me to keep her daughter in my heart and pray for her. Her daughter had found a lump in her breast and was having a biopsy. That same day "K" got the news - it is breast cancer. BREAST CANCER. 29. She is 29 frickin' years old and she has breast cancer. She's also got a 5 year old and a 2 year old. She also has the rarest form of breast cancer that there is. It's called IBC. Inflammatory Breast Cancer. This cancer fools you. It doesn't show up on a mammogram or ultrasound and most doctors think it's an infection. It is hard to diagnose.
After doing a little research on the internet, I decided that I hate the internet. I found too much information. Most of it was bad. She doesn't have much of a chance of beating this. One website said that the "5 year, cancer free rule" does not apply. Most patients with this type of breast cancer do not survive the 5 years. A miracle would be good right now.
This is my best friend's only child. She is 29 YEARS OLD. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT??? I know life isn't always fair, but this, it just IS NOT FAIR.
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HORRIBLE AND UNFAIR! I'm so sorry for your friend and her daughter. Terrible, awful news that no one should ever be the recipient of. Perhaps she'll get lucky and be the exception to the rule.... I can't imagine what she is feeling. And her poor kids - ! possibly growing up without their mom. Sad sad SAD and just plain WRONG.
Hoping for that miracle...
Post a Comment